One in three people know somebody living with dementia. It is the leading cause of death in the UK, yet there are currently no treatments to slow, stop or prevent the diseases, like Alzheimer’s, that cause it – but research can change this.
Alzheimer's Research UK is the UK’s largest dementia research charity dedicated to causes, diagnosis, prevention, treatment and cure. With the support of Briggs, we’re tackling dementia on three fronts. We are:
- Confronting public misunderstanding with powerful awareness campaigns like #ShareTheOrange.
- Bringing together the people and organisations who can speed up progress.
- Investing in the most cutting-edge research to find a cure.
Our mission is to bring about the first life-changing dementia treatment by 2025 and we’re doing this through four clear goals driven by passionate scientists, supporters and Corporate Partners.
- Understand: To fund world-class researchers to unravel the science behind the complex diseases that cause dementia.
- Diagnose: To work at the forefront of technology to ensure an accurate diagnosis for everyone at a time that’s right for them.
- Reduce risk: To accelerate the science of dementia risk and empower people to make informed decisions about how they live their lives.
- Treat: To build on 100 years of scientific discoveries to translate breakthroughs in the lab into life-changing treatments.
With you by our side, we’ll achieve our vision of a world free from the fear, harm and heartbreak of dementia and transform the lives of everyone impacted by the condition – people like Pedro.
Thank you for your support!
Visit Alzheimer's Research UK’s website for more information about dementia and the charity.
If you have any questions about dementia or if you’d like to find out more about research, you can also contact Alzheimer's Research UK’s Dementia Research Infoline.
Keep updated with everything that’s going on at Alzheimer's Research UK by following our social media accounts: